SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the practice of optimizing websites and online content to improve their visibility and ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). It involves making changes to website structure, content, and technical aspects in order to make it more attractive to search engines and more relevant to the target audience.
Some common SEO tactics include:
- Keyword research: Identifying relevant and high-traffic keywords that people use to search for content related to the website or business.
- On-page optimization: Optimizing website content including page titles, meta descriptions, header tags, and content body to make it relevant to the targeted keywords.
- Off-page optimization: Building external links to the website from other reputable and authoritative sources to increase its credibility and authority.
- Technical SEO: Ensuring the website is optimized for search engines from a technical perspective, such as ensuring fast loading time, mobile-friendly design, and secure HTTPS connection.
- Local SEO: Optimizing the website to target local audiences by listing the business on local directories, adding local keywords to content and titles, and claiming a Google My Business profile.
- Content creation: Creating high-quality and engaging content that attracts visitors and encourages sharing and linking.
Overall, SEO is an important aspect of online marketing and can help businesses and individuals to increase their visibility, attract more traffic, and generate more leads or sales. However, it is a long-term process that requires consistent effort, patience, and ongoing monitoring and adjustment.